Root canal treatment doesn’t deserve its bad reputation, at least not at Charlotte Dentistry. Many patients say that our root canals in Charlotte are surprisingly painless thanks to our skill and comfort measures. There are several other benefits to getting a root canal procedure here:
- It will stop your throbbing toothache, not cause you more pain.
- It will save your tooth from extraction.
- It will help prevent additional problems to your other teeth and your gums.
- It will prepare your tooth for full function with a crown.
If you have a tooth that’s hurting you, call us now for an emergency appointment – we’ll get you in as soon as possible and offer sedation if desired. We’re open every weekday and have Saturday hours available.
Keep Your Damaged Tooth Intact With a Root Canal
When a tooth becomes badly infected in its interior part (known as the pulp), you can feel a great deal of pain. Not only is eating difficult, but relaxing or trying to sleep can be next to impossible. This infection could come from leaving a cavity untreated or from some type of damage.
In these situations, a root canal is often the best way to stop your pain and repair your tooth. Rather than extracting the tooth – which you must replace or else your teeth will shift and cause bite problems – root canal treatment removes the infected tissue and saves your tooth. Here’s what our team will do:
- We’ll administer a local anesthetic to make sure you don’t feel any discomfort.
- We’ll offer sedation options to help you relax, either laughing gas or a pill.
- We’ll clean out the pulp and repair the canals inside the tooth.
- We’ll sanitize the tooth and seal it with a rubber-like material.
- We’ll likely recommend capping the repaired tooth with a crown to strengthen it and restore chewing capacity.
There’s no reason to fear root canals in Charlotte with our competent team and comfort options. Call Charlotte Dentistry today at 704-285-0846 to schedule an appointment, or make one .