I’ve been a loyal patient at this dental practice since the ’80s, and my recent annual cleaning reaffirmed why. Cindy, the dental hygienist, provided exceptional care. Her gentle touch and genuine concern for my comfort made the cleaning a breeze. I’ve always received top-notch service here, and Cindy’s expertise is a shining example of their commitment to patient satisfaction. Highly recommend this practice for their outstanding staff and long-standing dedication to dental health.
Every year, we start Black Friday shopping earlier and earlier. It wasn’t that long ago when camping out overnight outside your favorite store seemed like real devotion to scoring hot holiday deals.
But now, Black Friday shopping starts days before Thanksgiving.
This isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you think about how much time and gas money you can save by getting a few things on your gift-buying list online instead of packing most of your shopping into one crazy day on the town.
And it’s also good if it frees up a few minutes of your time the day after Thanksgiving to grab some dental floss!
Put Dental Floss On Your Shopping List!
Yes, Black Friday is also National Flossing Day, which means it tends to be overshadowed by all the holiday shopping mayhem.
But your friends at Charlotte Dentistry are giving it the attention it deserves by sharing these five facts about flossing that will help you understand why you never want to skip this important oral hygiene step:
- According to the ADA, nearly half of Americans admit that they don’t floss every day, and nearly 20% of them say they skip it entirely!
- Brushing twice a day for two minutes each time is recommended, but flossing between teeth is essential to getting to those smaller nooks and crannies that are too hard for your toothbrush to thoroughly clean.
- Flossing once a day is critical to reducing substances in your mouth that feed bad oral bacteria that generate acids and harmful plaque buildup.
- When you don’t floss each day, that same bacteria inside your mouth can create a periodontal infection, or gum disease, which is the leading cause of adult tooth loss.
- Using dental floss or a water pik daily prevents the collection of plaque and tartar around and under the gumline, which can help you enjoy faster, easier dental hygiene appointments.
We’re Here For You!
If you floss regularly, keep up the good work!
If you’re ready to commit to better oral hygiene this season, we applaud your efforts and will do everything we can to set you up for smile success. At your next dental checkup, ask us about the proper brushing and flossing techniques and any products we can recommend for optimum oral care at home for a healthy smile!
Call Charlotte Dentistry at 704-285-0846 to schedule your appointment in Charlotte, NC.